Friday, May 3, 2013

Fireplace mantel and surround re-do

This house is so dark and dreary, at least until we get more lighting and paint, so I wanted to lighten it up a little. Using Annie Sloan Old White paint, I started by wiping down the area and then went to town.
Fireplace BEFORE.
starting to paint with Annie Sloan chalk paint

 Painted, ready for wax, dark wax, and distressing.
 Close up of the detail on the mantel... all finished.
 I decided that I did NOT like the tiles being brown, so the next day I painted those too. Much better, I must say!
Another successful Annie Sloan paint project! We are looking for heat resistant paint to paint the fire place a brown color. Then it will look much better!
ready for paint!

First coat of brown Stove Bright spray paint! Got it from our local stove/pool/spa store.

And done! SO MUCH BETTER! :)

Ta Da!!
We found a nice woodstove insert on Craigslist for about 1/4 of the cost! So Hubby ripped out the useless fireplace to prep for the stove.


Cement mixed and poured.

Leveled firebox ready for woodstove placement!

No comments:

Post a Comment