Monday, May 6, 2013

Prepping for cabinets

So, if anyone even mentions the word wallpaper to me again... they might get hurt!. Just sayin'! :) I have scraped and steamed and peeled about 4 big garbage bags full so far and that is just in the kitchen/dining and living areas!! I still have a couple bathrooms and bedrooms to go.



                      Ripping up the flooring!!! Not sad to see this stuff go, that is for sure!

 The tools of my trade!!! For 3 months they have never been far from my hand. I have been using a mixture of ammonia, fabric softener and water in a spray bottle to spray on and then scrape off. That has seemed to work the best. I also bought a steamer, but it just makes a mess and makes the room hot. None of it has come off very easy.


Down to bare plywood. It was VERY STINKY in our house during this process, for one, the previous owners smoked in the home for 10 years (ICKY!!), and for two, ripping up all this stuff 30 to 40 years old, you can imagine. And then there were the dead mice. Ummm hmmm fun stuff.

After ripping and scraping off all the wallpaper I primed the walls and the ceiling with Kilz primer.
READY FOR MY CABINETS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment